We encourage everyone at Grace Baptist Church to find their place of service on a deacon or elder-led ministry team.
What is a Ministry Team?
Ministry Teams are groups of people, who through service, allow us to meet various needs that exist in the church and community.
How Do Ministry Teams Work?
- Team leaders are accountable to a deacon or elder.
- Team members are guided by the team leader to carry out a specific purpose.
- Teams regularly share their activities with the church.
How Do You Join a Ministry Team?
Contact the church office at (601-824-7334) or email@example.com.
Use the following descriptions of each team to find YOUR place of service.
THINKING OF YOU
- Ministers to shut-ins and medical shut-ins through regular visits, cards, and telephone calls.
- Serves weekly by singing in the Worship Choir or playing an instrument in the service.
- Other opportunities include drama, giving testimony, or assisting with behind-the-scenes needs for musicals and productions.
- Serves during worship services by operating the sound system, video projection, lighting, and audio recording for the service.
- Other opportunities include videographer for special events, website design/maintenance, and graphic design.
- Ministry to pray with and for an expectant mother and baby—Prays for the baby’s salvation, God’s purpose for the baby’s life, and the health of both mother and baby.
- Organizes baby showers with assistance from the church.
- Serves during church-wide fellowships and special events by setting up and decorating, as well as organizing and maintaining the kitchens of Grace Baptist Church.
- Encourages every member to support the mission efforts of the church locally, nationally, and abroad.
- You don’t have to go on a trip to serve on the team.
MAJOR LIFE EVENTS
- Ministers to people who are experiencing an unexpected major life event such as the death of a loved one, news of a major illness, or any other major life event.
- Leads the church in meeting needs of people both inside and outside the church as the Lord provides opportunities.
- Shares the gospel by meeting peoples’ physical and emotional needs with those who meet the church’s qualifications.
SENIOR ADULT FELLOWSHIP
- Organizes and provides a fellowship lunch to senior adults on the third Thursday of each month.
- Assists in acquiring and distributing food and sharing the gospel with families on Mondays from 9:00am-12:00pm.
- Ministers to people in hospitals through visits, phone calls, and prayer.
- Meet with people wanting to be baptized to ensure a biblical understanding of baptism.
- Care for robes, towels, and baptistry following a baptism service.
GREETER & USHER
- Provides a welcoming first impression and atmosphere for visitors and church members.
- Tends to specific details of each service so that it is conducted in an orderly fashion.
- Shares the gospel with and disciples inmates at the Rankin County Jail.